Wednesday, April 23, 2008

wow

OK so i know that its been a while, my life has been nuts for the past few weeks. I'I've been wanting to post for a while now and i think that i finally found something worth posting.

Have you ever felt like you were the only person in the world that suffers, and that if other people were suffering yours was far worse than theirs? dumb question because we all have at one point or another. Over the past few months i have felt like this, because of failing out of southwestern, and a few other things, I've just been kinda down. Ive been going to counseling and it has helped tremendously. one of the things that was most helpful to me was watching this video that is at the bottom of this posting. It put things into perspective for me, and showed me that i really needed to check myself when i thought "How could things get any worse?" I hope that this story helps you as much as it did me. I know that its a little long but it is worth every minute.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrU4JKV1SI

3 comments:

david said...

this is the bravest post i've ever read.
you're right about the video. clay has done things i can't an will likely never do.
thank you for the honesty, for your insight and most of all just being you!

adrienne. said...

Doug, you are awesome. Thank you for always being so willing to be honest with where you're at, where you're trying to be, and how you're working to get there. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, and know that I'm praying for you. Not just one of those casual "I'm praying for you's" but a real I'm praying for you.

Todd Wright said...

Dude...I tagged you. Do it.